Lower back pain is common but it does not mean that you will just leave it untreated because it can be a sign of another disease you have. Here are some of the treatments that can cure your lower back pains when it just started:
- If the pain you feel is still acute and have not lasted for three months yet, the best thing that you can do is to keep yourself comfortable while lying on your side on your bed and putting a pillow between your legs. You can also do this with your back on the floor and with a pillow under your knees. But, do not do this for too long, you can walk for 10 minutes and do this again.
- Get medications for your pain. You can mostly find pain relievers such as Tylenol (acetaminophen), naproxen and others that can lessen the intensity of your pain and reduce the redness, swelling and irritation.
- You can apply a heating pad to keep yourself soothed. Put this on the area that is aching for about 15 to 20 minutes. Do this after two to three hours. If you don’t have a heating pad, you can also get a warm shower.
- Apply an ice pack on the affected area. Cold can also relieve pain just like heat. Or you can get a cold shower or soak your body on the bath tub with ice cubes on it.
- Keep yourself active and do not rest on your bed and lay there for days because your muscles will stiffen and this will just make those pains worse. Just do the things that you used to do but don’t push yourself too much. Do only the activities that are light and normal.
- Walk to have a stronger body.
- Fix your bad posture because this will contribute to the pain that you feel.
- Go to the physical therapist if the pain is still there for 3 or more days.
If you have a pain that has already been there for more than 3 months, do these:
- Look for a psychologist that can advice you on managing your stress. It can be caused by depression and if it is, you can get some antidepressants.
- Take corticosteroid injections to reduce inflammation and inhibit sensations of pain.
- Use some topical medications such as creams, gels and cooling spray.
To get cured from your lower back pain, may it be chronic or acute, you should always exercise regularly even if it’s just light exercises like walking, maintain a good posture, take medications and go to an expert that can help you. This pain can come back again so you should know how to cure lower back pain to avoid flare ups next time.